WHAT MY CHILDREN CAN
EXPECT OF THEIR FATHER
Copyright © 5 March 1996, by Michael S. Cole, M.D.
- I will always love you no matter what.
- I will always revere, love, and obey God.
- I will always love your mother no matter what.
- I will spend eternity in Heaven.
- I will remain faithful to my marriage vows.
- I will be faithful in attendance and participation at every Sunday
morning, Sunday evening, and mid-week service of the Church of Christ.
- I will pray for you daily.
- I will obey the laws of the government and the rules of those who
have authority over me so long as there is no conflict with the laws of God.
- I will never drink alcohol, never smoke, and never use drugs for
myself or others for non-medical purposes.
- I will do the very best I can with whatever tasks assigned to me.
- I will treat others with respect and kindness regardless of their
age, sex, race, religion, occupation, cultural background, or social class.
- I will not let any stressful circumstance of life interfere with my
commitment to and trust in God.
- I will not allow anyone to persuade me to do anything that I know
- I will never ask nor instruct you to do anything that is contrary to
the laws of God or man.
- I will accept the responsibility for my own bad choices.
- I will sacrifice my own wants and needs if necessary to provide you
with the necessities of life.
- I will respect your right to be different and to have your own opinions.
Return to What I Expect of My Children.
Link to Dr. Cole's